- Relationship building
- Discuss Issues with care-giver/parent
- Interview with the child
- Observations of inter actions
- Behavioural Assessment
- Creation of a unique treatment plan
Specifically designed to your needs and goals
We understand that each and every family is different; our treatment programs are specifically designed to your needs and goals.
New Patterns offers treatment programs that can focus on individual child-therapy, parent/caregiver training (behaviour management) or a combination therapeutic approach that aims to strengthen parent-child relationships.
From the first session and across treatment, families are gently guided and empowered to develop strategies that are individualised, realistic, family-friendly and effective.
Prior to treatment we take time is spent getting to know the family, to form a relationship with the child and allow the parents/caregivers an opportunity to express their concerns.
A child interview is often conducted, along with a behavioural assessment which is done through talking with parents and our observations of parent-child interactions. This allows us to develop a well-informed and detailed understanding of the child’s behaviours and family interactions.
With this information, treatment goals are created in collaboration with the family and treatment begins. Across treatment, data is collected to ensure that treatment is effective and is ultimately creating the change that the families are eager to see.
What makes us different?
- Parental/Caregiver involvement
- Personalised treatment plans
- Track progress through data collection
- Direct Coaching in treatment
- Evidenced based psychological and behavioural treatment
- Tools and strategies that are researched and found to be effective
- Results driven in a caring, nurturing environment